- The aim of the Danube InGrid (Danube Intelligent Grid) is to integrate more renewables to the distribution grid by the application of smart technologies and manage them in a smarter way along with keeping the security of supply and high quality of supply of the electricity consumers in the CEE region.
- The Project will adopt smart grid technologies both internally and on cross border level for the evolvement of modern energy infrastructure. It will efficiently integrate the behavior and actions of all market users connected to the electricity network, mainly consumers, prosumers, generators with the goal of integration of large amounts of electricity from renewable and/or distributed energy sources. With a deeper experience in smart technologies in North Western Hungary and Western Slovakia, both electricity system users and distribution sytem operators gain.
- Estimated project value: EUR 296 million
- Estimated timeframe: 2020 - 2027
- The main benefit is to provide better and more economically efficient delivery of electricity supply for the strategic industrial areas and final consumers of both Western Slovakia and North Western Hungary.
- The project will improve connection of more new renewable energy generators, quality of electricity supply, security of supply, network connectivity for all users and reduction of negative environmental impact.
- The main benefit of the project is providing better and more economically efficient electricity supply for the strategic industrial areas and final consumers in both Western Slovakia and North Western Hungary
- The main goal of the Danube InGrid project is to develop a smart grid in the CEE region in order to integrate more renewable generators to the distribution grid, with keeping high quality and security of supply for the energy consumers in the Western Slovakian and North Western Hungarian Region.
- DSO and TSO Smart technologies – transformer stations
- Smart microgrid– microstations in the region
- Smart lines and installations with communication devices and optical fibres
- IT based system for the smart management of the grid